So, for starters, here’s what you’ll need:
5ea Russet Potatoes
2 TBSP Unsalted Butter
3ea Garlic, Chopped
2ea Bay leaves
2.5 Cups Heavy Cream
Spice Hack Truffle Parm
Cracked Blacked Pepper
3 Cups Gruyere, Shredded
First things first:
- Pre-heat oven at 400F
- Peel the potatoes and thinly slice them (reserve in water if needed).
- Mix butter, bay leaves and garlic into a bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Whisk the cream & Spice Hack Truffle Parm into the butter mix and reserve.
- Combine cheese and cracked black pepper in a bowl.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish with butter.
- Pick up a handful of potatoes, organizing them into a neat stack, and lay them in the casserole dish with their edges aligned vertically.
- Continue placing potatoes in the dish, working around the perimeter and into the center.
- Add a layer of your truffle cheese cream sauce and gruyere cheese on top of the layered potatoes.
- Repeat steps 3-4 times (kind of making a potato lasagna). The potatoes should be very tightly packed. If necessary, slice an additional potato, coat with cream mixture, and add to casserole.
- Cover dish tightly with foil and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking until the top is pale golden brown, about 30 minutes longer.
- Carefully remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and return to oven.
- Bake until deep golden brown and crisp on top, about 30 minutes longer. Remove from oven, let rest for a few minutes, and serve.
Giving this recipe a go this holiday season? Tag us in your posts! We love to see it.