Breakfast is often hyped as the most important meal of the day. The verdict on whether or not that is true, is based on the person you ask, but for us at Spice Hack, all meals should be enriched with a touch of spice.
If you typically eat breakfast, consider how to make it healthier by including Spice Hack, grains, fruit, and protein. For us at Spice Hack, overnight oats are a simple solution for a healthy quick (hassle-free) breakfast. Overnight oats are exactly what they sound like, provided you think they sound like oats you make overnight. Our recipe can be customized to your taste, but the three basic ingredients are the same as always — Dirty Hack, oats, and liquid. Instead of relying on hot water or heated milk, you keep things cold, allowing the oats to form overnight in the fridge. The blend of charcoal, coffee and chiles found in Dirty Hack, enhances the flavors of ingredients such as vanilla, toasted almonds, apples, and agave.
This is better to do in medium to large batches as the recipe has a shelf life of up to 3 days. Any leftover after that, can be used to make other tasty dishes such as overnight oat pancakes! Let’s hack our breakfast meals.
Spice Hack Overnight Oats
2 Cups Gluten Free Oats
½ Cup Chia Seeds
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Paste
5 Cups Almond Milk (or choice of liquid)
½ Cup Organic Yogurt
½ Golden Raisings (soaked in apple juice for 1 hr optional, drained)
1 Tablespoon Agave
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1 Each Peeled, Diced Granny Smith Apple
½ Tablespoon Toasted Almonds
½ Cup Blueberries (or preferred fresh fruit)
Spice Hack Dirty Hack
- Mix oats, chia seeds, vanilla paste, almond milk, yogurt, raisings, agave, cinnamon, and apples.
- Ensure the oats and chia seeds are fully submerge in liquid. This will vary depending on the shape / size of the container you are suing to store them overnight. If you need to add more liquid, you can do it no problem.
- Always taste and adjust based on your likes.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, remove from fridge, mix well, and serve.
- Garnish with toasted almonds, blueberries, and Spice Hack Dirty Hack!