Let's Hack that Grilled Cheese
Chef FC here... it’s 8:44pm and I am at Spice Hack HQ currently dreaming about grilled cheese sandwiches... Can anyone relate? I know I’m not alone here!
Grilled Cheese. One of the most classic dishes in American history. You can find grilled cheese sandwiches in diners, home cookbooks and believe it or not, even at Michelin star restaurants. Here at spicehack, we love the idea of keeping it simple, hassle free... so, today I am on the mission of taking your everyday grilled cheese sandwich to another level. Don’t worry, it’s still super simple for all of us that just want to hack, eat, sleep, repeat... But since we elevate to the next level, Let’s shoot for #foodporn #foodgasm!
Check out our quick & easy recipe hack below:
Grilled Cheese Hack
1 tablespoon room temp butter (unsalted)
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Spice Hack Truffle Parm
2 slices of brioche bread
2 Slices of Cooper sharp cheese (preferred) or Velveeta cheese
Spice Hack Applewood Smoked Salt
- Using a bowl, mix room temp butter, mayonnaise, and Spice Hack Truffle Parm.
- On a cutting board, spread each piece of bread with the butter/mayo (thin layer).
- Flip the bread over and repeat.
- Place the cheese and top it with the second piece of bread.
- Sprinkle Applewood smoked salt on both sides.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium low heat.
- Place the sandwich on the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Using a spatula, flip the sandwich over and continue cooking until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove sandwich from the pan, cut, eat!
- Add more Applewood Smoked Salt if desired.
- You can cover the pan to help melt the cheese faster. Just be aware not to go to dark on the bread.
- Great garnishes- sliced tomatoes, bacon, tomato soup, beer caramelized onions, roasted jalapenos (the list is endless, but we’ll stop there to keep this dish short & sweet)